Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The March Tree




Amazingly, it is almost time for March. Its very hard to believe that springtime is quickly approaching. Since I committed to decorating a tree every month for a year, I always have ideas rolling through my mind so I can get prepared. March can be quite a blustery month...full of all types of weather. But its always a sure sign that flowers are about to bloom and Easter is on its way.

The March Tree is full of punch-out flowers, colorful tulle, and a unique topper (garden gloves holding a little pot of pretty stems). I had so much fun making the decorations and putting them on the tree. I also made a Spring hat for our front door. The flowers are hand-rolled silk ribbon roses that I recently learned how to make. I added bright buttons because they made me smile.

I have found that the more crafts I attempt, the more I learn to do....and it has been a delight to try new things (even when I fail). These hands that have spent years changing babies, washing sink loads of dishes, and ironing in the late night hours, now have a bit more time to work at different tasks and endless projects that bring fulfillment. My nest may be emptying out, but I am filling the void with more Bible reading, vigilant prayer, the singing of songs both new and old, and the joy and wonder of creativity.

I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the Lord.
~Psalm 104: 33-34

4 Comments:

At February 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Mara said...

It sounds like you are having a blessed time in your home. May this season continue to be a blessing to you. :)

 
At February 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Sherry Hefner said...

Thank you Mara!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Farming On Faith said...

Oh Spring~ I am so ready.
The March tree is cute~how fun.
Hope you have a wonderful day. I think we may hit 60 degrees.

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Sherry Hefner said...

Thank you Carrie...I enjoy your blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home