Friday, February 24, 2012

Tough Days....


This week has held some tough days for our family. Our 10-year old truck broke down on us Monday and we soon found out it would need a new transmission. Our other car is my husband's "baby," a 1972 Super Beetle. We have it serviced about 4-5 times a year by a man who specializes in such cars and because of his good workmanship, it takes several weeks to get an appointment for our little bug. Lo and behold, our bug was due for a checkup this week...which meant we were carless for a couple days! In addition to these challenges, our married daughter (who lives in a neighboring town) had her car break down too, and with her husband unemployed right now, things have been very challenging in her house. This left her little family without a working car also! Her dad and I agreed to have it towed to a mechanic we know who works on Subaru's, since this is her type of vehicle.
Wow! What's going on with our transportation in this family?! Isn't it amazing how challenges always come in bunches?
At our house, we are still learning to trust in the Lord to meet all of our needs (I say "still" because its a very easy lesson to forget) . Sometimes we aren't really sure how God is going to do it, but we know He always will. Its very easy to panic when things fall apart or don't go as we plan...but when our eyes stay on Jesus, we find peace in any circumstance.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
~1 Peter 5: 6-7

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger juana said...

Your post really spoke to me today, Sherry. My husband lost his job this past August....and 2 months later in October I found myself unemployed. I have been suffering with pain in my shoulder and arm and went to Dr today for cortisone shots as the anti-inflammatory meds they prescribed 3 weeks ago have not touched the pain. We have no health insurance and today's visit nearly wiped out my checking account. I felt myself trying to take these challenges from Him today and your post is a timely reminder for me that He will provide for all our needs. And He will certainly do a much better job than I ever could !!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Sarah-Anne said...

I'm sorry things have been so tough this week! Things like this often happen to my mother - all at once, and vital things too. I've seen how God has really pushed her to trust Him, and He always comes through. I hope next week is a better week!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Sherry Hefner said...

Juana....So sorry you are facing such difficulties. I pray your pain will improve and that God opens the right job opportunity for you and your husband. Thanks for visiting my blog today and encouraging me. Blessings to you!

Sarah-Anne, Thanks for dropping by today and taking the time to lift me up with your kind words!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home