Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Cleaning....In More Ways Than One


Spring cleaning has commenced! Hubby and I have been busy emptying out closets, hauling off old books and tossing out bits of this and that. We still have more to do but it sure does feel good to see the bags flow out the door.

I thought today how much this is like my spiritual life. Satan attacks my mind, heart and soul. It doesn't happen all at once. Instead he creeps in here and there and before long, my life is cluttered with doubt, discouragement and resentment. It takes a determined effort to clear all of that out and to recommit to keeping my eyes on Jesus.

My effort in cleaning out my house is to keep my load lighter for the future plans that God has in mind for me. Likewise, keeping the cobwebs out of my spiritual life lightens the load I carry in my heart and allows me be filled with the mind and heart of Christ.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith....
~Hebrews 12: 2

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger DoleValleyGirl said...

What a terrific lesson you've shared here, Sherry. :) Thanks! ~Lisa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home